I can’t believe air-fryers have been around for so many years and I just realized the magic they can bring to my food! You can…
The pancake cereal trend on TikTok just got better! If this is new to you, a few months back mini pancakes served with milk…
Cook Time: 15
Prep Time : 5
Total Time : 20
Servings : 4
Crispy mini pancakes in the air-fryer to enjoy for breakfast while you watch your favorite TikTok videos
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To serve: milk, maple syrup
- 1. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar (if using maple syrup add with the wet ingredients later), baking powder, and salt.
- 2. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix the milk, egg, butter or oil and vanilla (add maple syrup if using).
- 3. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix just to combine and no flour is visible.
- 4. Heat your frying pan on medium, adding oil if needed, and once warm carefully spoon about a teaspoon of batter onto the pan, about the size of 100fils or width of 2cm. I usually make 5-6 mini pancakes at a time as by the time you spoon them on to the pan, you quickly need to start flipping. Once I’ve flipped the first batch, I spoon in the next batch, and continue until all the batter is done.
- 5. Place the pancakes on a wire rack to cool (a plate also works).
- 6. To serve, place the portion of pancakes you would like in the air-fryer basket and spray with a little oil. Heat at 175C for 2 minutes, then open the basket and spray again and heat again for 1-2 minutes more until you get crispy crunchy mini pancakes.
- 7. Serve with milk or a drizzle of maple syrup.
NotesStore leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days or freezer for much longer.