Download your FREE ebook!
2 cups (200g*) cauliflower florets
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
1/3 cup (90ml) aquafaba
1/2 cup (50g) almond flour (or any gluten-free flour of choice)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
1 teaspoon ground psyllium (optional)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
*weight after squeezing out the water
1. Steam the cauliflower for about 5 minutes. You want it to only soften slightly but still hold it’s shape. Meanwhile mix the ground flax with the aquafaba to make a “flax egg” and set aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400F or 200C. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
3. Finely chop the cauliflower in a food processor using the s-blade or the chopping attachment. Transfer 1 1/2 cups (if there’s any extra add it to a salad or smoothie) to a cheese cloth or nut milk bag and squeeze out as much water as you can. You should have about 200g once all the water has been released.
4. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and add the almond flour, nutritional yeast psyllium if using, oregano, salt and pepper, mixing well. Add the flax egg mixture and mix to get a moist dough.
5. Use all the dough or divide into two to make 2 smaller pizzas. Transfer the dough to the parchment paper or silicone mat, then using a second sheet of parchment paper flatten out the dough to about 0.5cm thickness. Remove the parchment and with your hands create the shape you like for the pizza, and making the edges slightly higher all around.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until starting to turn golden brown.Take it out of the oven and carefully flip the pizza, returning it to the oven for 5 more minutes.
7. Now it’s ready for your toppings, and then return it to the oven for the toppings to warm up or the cheese to melt, about 5 minutes.
8. If you don’t plan to use it straight away, store in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for a month.
This recipe makes 1 large or 2 medium bases. You can double the recipe and make extra to store in the freezer. Warm it up before adding your toppings, using whatever you have in the fridge…use up your leftovers!