A wonderful grain-free salad that has it all! Nutritious, delicious, easy to make, portable and most importantly looks gorgeous with a variety of colors.
Thanks to the riced cauliflower, you get a grain-free addition to your salad, giving you a boost of nutrition without the grains. Nothing with whole-grains, but some of you may be avoiding them or can’t tolerate them. It’s also nice to change things up!
The dressing can be added in advance, and since you can eat it with a spoon, it’s a perfect take to work option. The addition of pomegranate and pistachio adds wonderful flavor and a pop of color…make sure you take pictures and share them on social media!
Cauliflower Carrot Salad
Cook Time: 0min
|prep Time: 15min
| total Time: 15min
| servings: 4
2 cups (250g) raw cauliflower florets, chopped in large chunks
1 1/2 cups (150g) peeled and grated carrots
1 cup (20g) fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1 cup (20g) fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup (60g) shelled pistachios, toasted
1/2 cup (90g) pomegranate seeds
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Process the cauliflower in a food processor using the S-blade, or even better with the chopping blade, inserting the cauliflower pieces through the feed tube. You want a grain-like consistency, like couscous, not mushy. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also finely chop it by hand.
2. Add the cauliflower rice to a large bowl, then grate the carrots using the largest side and mix with the cauliflower. Add in the mint and parsley, with half of the pistachios and pomegranate. Mix through and set aside while you make the dressing.
3. In a small bowl or jar, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and spices. Add the dressing to the salad and mix through. Taste and add more seasoning if you wish.
4. Transfer the salad to a serving dish, and sprinkle the rest of the nuts and pomegranate.
5. This salad can be made ahead and the dressing added just before serving. Leftovers also taste great the next day. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
The dressing can be added in advance, and since you can eat it with a spoon, it’s a perfect take to work option.