Download your FREE ebook!
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 milk of choice
3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To serve: milk, maple syrup
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar (if using maple syrup add with the wet ingredients later), baking powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix the milk, egg, butter or oil and vanilla (add maple syrup if using).
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix just to combine and no flour is visible.
4. Heat your frying pan on medium, adding oil if needed, and once warm carefully spoon about a teaspoon of batter onto the pan, about the size of 100fils or width of 2cm. I usually make 5-6 mini pancakes at a time as by the time you spoon them on to the pan, you quickly need to start flipping. Once I’ve flipped the first batch, I spoon in the next batch, and continue until all the batter is done.
5. Place the pancakes on a wire rack to cool (a plate also works).
6. To serve, place the portion of pancakes you would like in the air-fryer basket and spray with a little oil. Heat at 175C for 2 minutes, then open the basket and spray again and heat again for 1-2 minutes more until you get crispy crunchy mini pancakes.
7. Serve with milk or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days or freezer for much longer.